How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes
Cleaning your makeup brushes is quick and easy.
The first step to keeping your brushes clean is picking up a daily brush cleaner and spritzing it on your brushes after each use.
Once or twice a month (depending on use), it’s time for a deep cleaning. Note that your brushes will need a few hours to dry after a deep cleaning, so it's best to wash them them after you’ve applied your makeup for the day.
Supplies to clean your makeup brushes:
- A bowl
- Brush wash, baby shampoo, face wash or clarifying shampoo
- Lint free cloth (not a parer towel or towel)
Instructions to clean your makeup brushes:
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup. Try to focus on the actual bristles while avoiding the part of the brush where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue over time.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a squirt of shampoo, and gently swirl your brush tip in the water. If you need to, you can also swirl the brush in the palm of your hand to work up a lather.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water once again. Repeat steps two and three until the water runs clear from the brush,
- Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go.
- Lay your brushes flat on a cloth to dry.